When it comes to budget skincare Garnier nail it every single time. Their micellar water is one of my holy grails which I swear by and absolutely can’t live without. When I found out Garnier where replacing their Skin Active ranges with new Botanical ranges I was over the moon and could not wait to pick these up and give them a go. All the products in the collection are made from 96% natural ingredients and are all free from parabens, silicone and artificial colourants; with the remaining 4% ensuring the quality and preservation of the formulas. There is an answer for every skin type with four ranges in the botanical Skin Active Natural collection:
– Rose water to soothe sensitive and dry skin
– Green tea leaf to hydrate and mattify combination to oily skin
– Flower honey to nourish dry skin
– Aloe Vera to hydrate normal and combination skin
I wouldn’t say I have overly sensitive skin, in fact I would probably say my skin is pretty normal verging on the dry side. I opted for the Aloe Vera range as hydration is my biggest concern with my skin at the moment. Within the range there are four products which feature fair trade Aloe vera as a key ingredient. The aloe delivers powerful hydration, recharging the skin and leaving it soft and refreshed. Now that I’ve had a chance to properly test out the products my skin is seriously thankful
Refreshing Gel Wash – £3.49
In the evening I prefer to use something that is going to completely cleanse my skin of the pollution and impurities of everyday life. This formula is perfect for me and leaves my skin so clean and hydrated ready for the next step in the regime. I apply one pump onto wet skin and massage gently all over the face, before rinsing off and patting dry. This is hands down my favourite product from the range. The formula is lightweight, creating just the right amount of lather to cleanse the skin and a little really goes a long way. It feels rich and luxurious on the skin and leaves you feeling nourished and refreshingly clean.
Refreshing Cleansing Milk – £3.49
I don’t wear makeup on a daily basis and so I prefer to use a lighter cleanser in the morning. I slather this stuff onto my skin with a large cotton pad and it efficiently removes any impurities and grime. I’ve found some cleansers can dry out the skin and leave it feeling tight but this product leaves me feeling fresh and hydrated with plump, clean skin. Even with heavy make-up this product does not struggle to clean and cleanse the skin. There is no greasy residue like after using a make-up wipe, instead the skin feels refreshed and glowy.
Refreshing Toner – £3.49
I use the toner after the cleansing milk to remove any lasting remnants of makeup and grime and to purify my skin. This formula leaves my skin feeling refreshed, clean, and ready for moisturising. It doesn’t dry my skin out or cause any tightness or irritation which is exactly what I am looking for in a toner. It can be used throughout the day if your skin needs a little pick me up as well as morning and night in your standard skincare regime. My skin adores this formula and just soaks it all up ready for the moisturiser to seal the deal.
Refreshing Moisturiser – £5.99
I was expecting the moisturiser to be quite thick and creamy but I was pleasantly surprised to find this lightweight, silky formula instead. Enriched with natural antioxidants to protect the skin from the harmful effects of the environment, this moisturiser delivers intense hydration leaving your skin looking plump and refreshed. You can feel this replenishing each layer of your skin with a slight cooling sensation, which is so soothing for irritated skin. If you`re in a rush then its not a problem as this absorbs into the skin rapidly creating a dewy, lightweight base ready for your make-up.
All in all considering you can pick the entire range up for less than £20 this is an absolute steal. The focus on natural, organic ingredients mean you can be sure your not slathering your face in harmful chemicals or artificial toxins. Each product compliments the last and they all work together to lock in the moisture and leave your skin feeling nourished and refreshed.
Have you tried any products from the Garnier Naturals collection?