I thought I would do something a bit old school today and take it back to 2014 when I first started my blog. Working in hospitality for the last few years has meant my blog has taken a back seat and its not until recently I’ve finally had the time to put more time and energy into my little space. I started 2018 by migrating to wordpress and choosing a beautiful new theme (so please have a browse and let me know what you think). Going back through old posts and seeing how my blog has developed, I realised that I never really talk about myself much. I’m taking my blog right back to basics and just writing content that I enjoy reading myself and that I enjoy making. I thought I would kick that off with a simple 25 facts about me!
1. My name is Tanya and I am turning
27 21 again this year.
2. I don’t have any tattoo’s as I am too indecisive and I know I would hate it after a day or two. I’m also petrified of needles so more adventurous piercings and tattoo’s have always been a no-go for me. I do have my ears pierced, but they were pierced when I was a child so I don’t remember the pain all.
3. I did have my tongue pierced when I was 16 but after discovering an allergy to metal colourings, it became infected and I had to let it grow out and I’ve been too scared to get it re-pierced ever since.
4. I am currently working as an Order Processor for a small company selling chicken seasoning and kitchen equipment…very glamorous indeed!
5. I originally started my blog as an aid to help me showcase my love for fashion but it’s grown into more of an online diary where I can keep track of where I’ve been and what I’ve been doing.
6. My mum is the most important person in my life and I am grateful everyday to have her by my side. She is my biggest inspiration and my biggest goal in life is to make sure she is always proud of me no matter what.
7. My favourite foods are either sandwiches or potatoes. I’m quite an indecisive person so I like to have options and variety. I am not sure if potato counts but I love how versatile it is and how many different ways it can be cooked to make delicious, tasty meals.
8. I live with my boyfriend of 2 years and 3 months in a little rented attic flat which I absolutely love.
9. I have one younger brother who winds me up a treat but I wouldn’t have him any other way. After I moved back home after finishing university I got him a job in the bar I was working. This allowed us to get a lot closer after my time away at uni.
10. I have adopted my boyfriends 2 rescue cats and although they keep me on my toes, I love them so much and look forward to coming home to them everyday – even when they are being little sh*ts!
11. I’ve set myself a challenge of visiting 30 countries before 30 and my current total stands at 13!
12. I have mild OCD and can’t stand it when things aren’t in their place.
13. I am a complete spend-a-holic and so subsequently I have a fair bit of debt that I am really starting to tackle and make a dent in this year. It’s going to be a tough two years but if everything goes to plan we should be completely debt free by December 2019.
14. I graduated from Southampton Solent University in 2014 with a 2:1 in LLB Law.
15. At the end of last year I finally managed to crack the habit of a lifetime and quit smoking after 13 long, expensive years.
16. I can’t drink Tequila, it makes me cry at some point or other during the night, even just one shot.
17. I am incredibly clumsy and usually manage to injure myself at least once a day. I’m not quite sure how I’ve managed it but I’ve never broken a bone.
18. I’m absolutely petrified of spiders. I once slept on the sofa for a week because my dad refused to find and kill the monster living above my bed and I couldn’t stand going in there knowing it was still alive.
19. I took my driving test when I was 17 but I failed and instead of retaking my test I used the money to go abroad to work a season in Malia for the Summer.
20. I’m absolutely terrified of balloons and always have been. When I was 5 or 6 I went to my cousin’s birthday party and my mum had to hide all the balloons before I would even enter the room.
21. I’ve had my blog for 4 years this month and although it’s only ever been a tiny part of my life, I’ve met some of my best friends through blogging and also had some incredible opportunities and experiences.
22. Dancing was a big part of my life until I was 14 and I’ve taken exams in ballet, modern dance, tap, jazz and disco and ballroom and latin.
23. I absolute hate all kinds of melon, even just the smell makes me feel physically sick.
24. I get really bad motion sickness so I hate any kind of rollercoaster or ride, long car journeys and flying.
25. One of my hobbies is coin collecting. I even have annuals in to keep all my coins safe and I’ve collected all the old style £1 coins apart from one.
So there we have it, I hope you enjoyed reading this and learning a little bit more about me.